Saturday, September 8, 2007

Pets-Gerbils

I just realized I havent told you about my pets! ok I own two cats Nadia and Babycat (Babycat is old and fat) We own a dog named Rocket (but I call him Rocky-Baby) We own a Lizard named Gertie we own various fish and a gerbil named TawnyPaw plus a toad called Trevor. but sadly Sir Trevor the Toad of Tree is dead as of 2006. But hers a Picture anyway
That is TawnyPaw to the right. I have so many animal stories it would be impossible to tell them all in one day so today i will talk about gerbils. I got my first Gerbils when I was 8 , one called Vanilla and one called Caramel. They were sisters Caramel once bit me and i yanked my hand out of the cage with her still hanging on. She landed on my bed but I was very careful after that. Later we decided to move back to America. So I left my darling rodents in London and moved. After that I wanted another pet. So we got a guinea pig named Cocoa. However my dad my mom and my sister were all alergic to her so we had to give her back to the pet shop. Then we got two other sisters one black and one white. I named the Black one Scamber (like in Harry Potter) and the White one Scamper. The first time I picked Scamper up I picked her up by the tip of the tail like the pet stor lady told me to do. well as you may have guessed her tail fell off! Then she went running around the room leaving blood everywhere! I was kind of freaked out by this but eventually caught her. Scamper grew up to be one of the best gerbils I ever had. She would stop and come on command. She was the best trained gerbil I have ever seen. Sadly the escaped from her cage (Her nickname was Houdini) and ate the varnish on the tableshe and Scamber's cage was on. A few days later she died. She only lived to three years old. Scamber was left alone. We got another gerbil named Oreo but Scamber was defensive and wouldn't let Oreo in her cage because Oreo smelled weird. WE tried to take Oreo back but she didn't smell like the pet store gerbils anymore either. Her own siblings turned on her when she smelled different. So we kept her in a separate cage. Six months later Scamber died on her wheel. She had loved Scamper so much. Then Oreo was alone. Here is a picture of Oreo. I have better ones and will post those another day. Oreo had a Black head a white stomack and a black rump. Kind of like the cookie. One day we found a mouse. (I will tell this story another day) We kept him naming him Peanut. Then we got TawnyPaw when Oreo was three years old. TawnyPaw knows how to do a high five! He has a crick in his tail but is very cute. He can also perform tricks. Here are some Photos of Him posing as a cowboy, as well as starring in A Witches Soup and Jonah and the Whale. the fact of the day is that you should eather walk really far away from a horses back legs or go really close with your hand on their rump. You should go close because then they dont have the impact space to be able to kick you.
The one of the gerbil in the yellow back round in Oreo, it didn't really look like that. The camera was just set to tint everything in yellow.

No comments: